Have you just discovered Duck and are unsure what to make with it? The following post includes a collection of Duck Recipes.
What is Duck?
What is Duck? According to Britannica, Duck is any species of relatively small, short-necked, long-billed waterfowl. “They are an important food source and provide important nutrients for health and growth,” according to Health and Social Services. Duck meat is an excellent source of protein, iron, source of B-vitamins, and a fair source of Magnesium.
Furthermore, Duck is a delicious, rich, and flavorful meat to consume. Check out the recipes below for ways to cook, serve, and enjoy Duck in various forms.
Where Can You Buy Duck Meat?
The recipes included in this blog post contain Duck which was personally processed by my husband. However, if you do not have a hunting family member or access to freshly processed Duck, there are options out there that sell delicious and rich-in-flavor Game Meats.
Duck can be found in specialty meat markets or meat processing markets. Some of the best meat markets I’ve personally ordered and bought from include the following –
- Wild Fork Foods in Wylie, TX. Wild Fork Foods is an in-person and online meat market that sells Ground Game Meats including Duck.
- H-E-B across Texas sells Duck meat. This is a more seasonal food, and you may need to ask the Butcher for additional assistance if you cannot find it amongst the other meats.
- Duck Char is an online meat market that sells different cuts of Duck Meat.
- D’Artaganan is an online meat market that specializes in Duck Meat.
- Maple Leaf Farms is an online and in-person Duck Meat distributor.
In conclusion, Duck is nutritious, rich, and flavorful. Check out the collection of Duck Recipes below for ideas on how to prepare, cook, and serve Duck.